Thursday, November 08, 2007

Gorgeous Mountain Photo Upload

Dave and I take so many photos of the mountains surrounding us.... here are just a few recent ones: (all of them are uploaded large- you can click on them to enlarge them!)


sunrise over Black Island


Megan! my fearless night leader!


golden clouds pouring over Mt. Discovery


sunshine on the glaciers in the Royal Society Range


Ice Town, where Dave spends many of his days


main street, Ice Town.
the runway control tower is at the end of the road



a beautiful day to be driving an airporter around

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Incredible landscapes!

These pictures are great... but, I imagine they are also totally inadequate at conveying the true effect of the vastness...

I took pictures of the grand canyon once, to chronicle my trip, and I found myself having to ask people to imagine the "rest" of the image that didn't fit in the frame in order to understand WHY I had taken the pictue in the first place.

chelsea rose said...

yeah, pictures never fully capture the feeling of being someplace- the cold crispness in the air, the true distace and size of the mountains, the incredible quiet white...